Thursday, November 26, 2009

The word Thanks implies one side giving and one side taking

I have gave and am giving this thanksgiving day, and so will I take later in the day and give thanks for what I receive. First I share Thanksgiving for me a struggle just knowing, knowing what part of my ancestry have given to all of you without that small gesture, thanks. One outcast, and one adoption later their children met and married and became us. With conscious torn, we gather later, this is what we will talk about these stories. Dear land, still today.








Democracy Now! Special: An Hour of Music and Conversation with Legendary Native American Singer-Songwriter Buffy Sainte-Marie



About That Doing Unto Others Thing... by Abby Zimet
Oh my Allah. Now right-wingers are up in vociferously-defended arms because Best Buy's vast and stuff-packed Thanksgiving flyer included a little-bitty ad wishing Muslims "Happy Eid al-Adha," a holiday that 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide mark by giving to charity. Dear hate-and-fear-filled, so-called Christian folks: It's the season of understanding, even among those of us who are not you. Try, please.

"It makes perfect business sense to acknowledge and celebrate a holiday that one out of four people celebrate." - Ahmed Rehab, spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated so be good, speller, I'm not

<< Home